Here is a list of herbs that bind to or neutralize Lyme and co-infection toxins
Here is a list of herbs that neutralize endotoxins in laboratory and animal experiments
1) Root of Astragalus Membranaceus1, Chinese name: Huang Qi,
Plant qualities: sedative, calming, antibacterial, antiviral, protective against Escherichia coli endotoxins. Caution: may cause bloating in the digestive system
2) Dried seed of Astragalus Complantanus2, Chinese name: Sha Yuan Zi
3) Forsythia Suspensa3, Chinese name: Lian Qiao
3) Scutellaria Baicalensis3, Chinese name: Huang Qin
4) Lonicera Vine3 / Japanese Honeysuckle Vine, Chinese name: Ren Dong Teng
5) Isatis Root3, Chinese name: Ban Lan Gen
6) Isatis Leaf3, Chinese name: Da Qing Ye
7) Rhubarb3, Chinese name: Da Huang
8 ) Dandelion3 / taraxicum, Chinese name: Pu Gong Ying
9) Patrinia3, Chinese name: Bai Jiang Cao
10) Viola3, Chinese name: Zi Hua Di Ding
11) Andrographis3, Chinese name: Chuan Xin Lian
12) Sophora4, Chinese name: Ku Shen
13) Ligusticum4, Chinese name: Chuan Xiong
14) Licorice4, Chinese name: Gan Cao
15) Ginko biloba leaf4, Chinese name: Bai Guo Ye
16) Cattle gallstone4, Chinese name: Niu Huang
17) Stephania4, Chinese name: Han Fang Ji
18) Coptis root5, Chinese name: Huang Lian
19) Pulsatilla root5, Chinese name: Bai Tou Weng
20) Chinese Gentiana5, Chinese name: Long Dan Cao
21) Honeysuckle flower5, Chinese name: Jin Yin Hua
22) Moutan bark5, Chinese name: Mu Dan Pi
23) Scrophularia5, Chinese name: Xuan Shen
Here is an herb that is for neutralizing the Lyme nerve toxin:
1) Licorice6, Chinese name: Gan Cao
Here is an herb for binding to toxins in the digestive system
1) Galla Chinesis7, Chinese name: Wu Bei Zi
1. Kee Chang Huang, Williams WM. The Pharmacology of Chinese Herbs. Boca Raton. FL: CRC Press. Inc. 1999, p 387.
2. Kee Chang Huang, Williams WM. The Pharmacology of Chinese Herbs. Boca Raton. FL: CRC Press. Inc. 1999, p 160.
3. Subhuti Dharmananda. LONICERA AND FORSYTHIA: Representatives of the “Floating” Toxin-Cleaning Herbs. http://www.itmonline.org/arts/lonicera.htm
4. Yun-Hai, L., Liu, Y., Guo, X. Current Studies on Anti-endotoxic Chemical Components of Traditional Chinese Medicine in China. Acta Phamacol Sn. 2001 Dec; 22 (12). pp. 1071-1077
5. Deng Wenlong. Research Progress in the Prevention and the Treatment for Endotoxic Diseases with Traditional Chinese Medicine. Proceedings of TCM Conference at West China University of Medical Science 1995; http://www.planetherbs.com/therapies/research-progress-in-the-prevention-and-the-treatment-for-endotoxic-diseases-with-traditional-chinese-medicine.html
6. Bradford, Robert W. and Henry W. Allen. Biochemistry of Lyme Disease: Borrelia burgdorferi Spirochete/Cyst. Townsend Letter, the Examiner of Alternative Medicine, February/March 2006 http://www.townsendletter.com/FebMar2006/lyme0206.htm.
7. Chen, John K., and Tina T. Chen. 2004. Chinese Medical Herbology and Pharmacology. City of Industry CA: Art of Medicine Press, Inc., p. 990-992
The medical information on this site is provided as an information resource only, and is not to be used or relied on for any diagnostic or treatment purposes. This information is not intended to be patient education, does not create any patient-practitioner relationship, and should not be used as a substitute for professional diagnosis and treatment.
Please consult your health care provider, or contact the Two Frogs Healing Center for an appointment, before making any healthcare decisions or for guidance about a specific medical condition. The Two Frogs Healing Center expressly disclaims responsibility, and shall have no liability, for any damages, loss, injury, or liability whatsoever suffered as a result of your reliance on the information contained in this site. The Two Frogs Healing Center does not endorse specifically any test, treatment, or procedure mentioned on the site.
By visiting this site you agree to the foregoing terms and conditions, which may from time to time be changed or supplemented by the Two Frogs Healing Center. If you do not agree to the foregoing terms and conditions, you should not enter this site.