Are you obsessed with natural medicine?
Do you feel a excited when you share your personal healing experiences and people around you feel inspired and more hopeful about getting better?
Are hungry to learn about and help to make advanced herbal or essential oil remedies?
Do you have a caring vibe that has complete strangers coming up and sharing their health challenges with you?
How would you like to work in a highly advanced research center where you are supporting chronic illness patients through making microparticle remedies and you get to spend part of your day supporting cutting edge medical discoveries?
If you have a "do what it takes to get it done" attitude and answered ... Awesome! to the above questions… we have a mission for you!
Your mission — should you choose to accept it — is to join a fast-paced, constantly evolving healing center and natural medicine training organization that is developing supercharged remedies to help chronically ill patients!
As our part-time Herbal Associate and Patient Coordinator, you’ll work with the lead medical provider in creating customized herbal and essential oil microparticle remedies. Must have a passion for herbal medicine and creating natural remedies, which is required for this position.
We expect totally awesome customer care and communication skills, along with the ability to guide patients through their questions about natural remedies and supplements. You’ll be answering questions over the phone and email from people seeking help for their most difficult health issues. Tick borne illness knowledge is not required, but it’s a plus.
You’ll spend part of your day providing valuable support to the lead medical provider who is helping chronically ill patients to get better. Another part of your day may be spent assisting in the creation of highly targeted natural remedies for helping patients in the clinic.
You will get our patients and prospective clients excited about our work and our cutting edge remedies!
As our Herbal Associate and Patient Coordinator, you’ll also assess the needs and desires of our patients and new people who are inquiring about our services. You’ll then be able to provide thoughtful and thorough answers, guidance, and support in a time-efficient manner. You’ll learn a ton from our expert medical staff and get the fulfillment of knowing you made a significant impact on the lives of chronically ill patients every day.
You’ll also provide answers to inquiries and comments on our social media channels that resonates with our mission, provides real value, and gives real hope to people. REQUIRED: You’ll need to have great attention to details of symptoms of different infections, patient's remedies and be willing to learn about possible reactions.
As you understand the biggest concerns of new patients, you'll be able to address their questions and determine if they are a good fit for our services. You’ll be able to track what worked best and what didn’t. You get to make suggested improvements or report any issues to the leadership team.
You love engaging with people which helps you provide excellent customer service, feel fulfilled in supporting your colleagues at a medical research center, and understanding and meeting the needs of patients and staff members. A passion for natural medicine, working with medical providers, and a passion for helping chronically ill patients is a huge plus.
If you are self-starter who loves precise communication, coaching and helping patients, people at events, people on social media with written posts, images, videos and you want to make a meaningful impact on the lives of medical experts and their chronic patients on a day-to-day basis, then we want to hear from you!
- Answer new patient inquiries effectively by answering initial questions and guiding patients throughout their follow up interactions
- Record positive and negative feedback, quotes, and videos from patients
- Create conversations that are grammatically correct and mistake free
- Work with our medical team to improve, communicate and implement excellent customer support
- Follow up with patients via email to provide support, listening, and coaching around taking remedies and healthy lifestyle changes
- Identify and communicate any patient issues or concerns to appropriate staff members
- Be able to communicate the essence of the Lyme Research & Healing Center, so you can respond to comments, emails and messages on behalf of the founder Greg Lee
- Report any negative reviews, feedback or customer questions in a timely manner
- Provide recommended responses to negative reviews or feedback
- Provide recommendations as needed to better understand and meet the needs of patients, staff members, and attendees at community initiatives
- Participate in online conversations on our online media channels
- Coordinate with staff members to ensure message consistency and the best customer experience
- Build respectful and trusting relationships with patients, staff, and potential patients
- Stay up-to-date with medical technology and research trends
- Follow Covid-19 disinfection and patient care protocols
- Compensation is $14 to $16 per hour depending on your qualifications and experience
- Paid vacation / sick days, training benefits, health conference attendance (depending upon Covid-19 regulations), and health care option (self-pay).
The ideal candidate has at least three years of college in the field of Natural Medicine, Herbal Studies, Chinese Medicine, or similar field. Or 1-2 years of hands-on experience working with formulation of remedies in a natural medicine center and will possess the following skills:
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- A working knowledge of herbs, essential oils, supplements and their healing properties
- Ability to multi-task and juggle priorities to meet patient and staff requests and quickly produce natural remedies on-time and according to formula directions
- Provide setup and breakdown of patient rooms between appointments
- Monitor inventory of herbs, essential oils, medical and office supplies. Communicate to staff items that are low or out-of-stock and need reordering
- Accept and process financial transactions with patients, training students, and at community events
- Familiarity with Google Suite tools, and hands-on experience with social media across Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, Vimeo and YouTube
- Savvy, resourcefulness and the ability to “figure things out”
- Strong work ethic and standards. Details matter to you. Results matter to you.
- Available to work during “normal business hours” from approximately 12pm to 6pm Eastern time.
- Maintain HIPAA medical privacy and data security.
- Perform quality work within deadlines with or without direct supervision.
- Interact professionally with other employees, customers and suppliers.
- Work effectively as a team contributor on all assignments.
- Work independently while understanding the necessity for communicating and coordinating work efforts with other employees and organizations
This is a part-time role (minimum of 20 hours/week) requiring a commitment with availability Monday to Friday approximately 12pm – 6pm in our Frederick, Maryland office.
This role has some flexibility, but we want someone who is available to meet face-to-face on a daily basis to support our research and patients in our healing clinic in Frederick, Maryland. Work on evenings and some weekends will be required from time to time in order to meet deadlines, particularly around patient orders, online trainings and live events.
We are looking for someone to work part-time in-person at our Frederick, Maryland office.
Lyme Research & Healing Center (LR&HC) is an industry-expert in delivering natural treatment and remedies for patients with multiple chronic infections. Here at LR&HC, we help chronically ill patients to identify and resolve their biggest obstacles to healing: infections, toxins, and inflammation. We help our patients to quickly regain their health so they can be the hero of their family, work, and their causes. We also teach medical providers how they can use cutting edge technology and remedies to help their patients regain their functionality more rapidly.
We have found that helping over a thousand chronically ill people overcome their biggest health care challenges can be solved through applied research and customized treatments and remedies to produce real results with patients.
We have also found that when patients are freed from their debilitating infections and illnesses they become more passionate about helping others, which leads to great things happening in the world.
That’s why it’s our mission over the next 10 years to heal over 1 million people from the prison of Lyme disease and multiple chronic infections through a thousand medical providers, so they can make a positive impact with their families and bring positive change to the world.
The truth is that it can be lonely and hard to be a Lyme literate health care provider and we want to provide the next generation treatments, remedies, community, and inspiration for all those practitioners (and their patients) who choose this healing journey along with us.
To learn more about us, visit www.GoodbyeLyme.com
To apply for an interview, please submit the following:
2. Cover Letter
3. Short Video (less than 5 min, upload on YouTube and send us the link) answering the following questions:
· Tell us a story about how you interacted with another person recently — in person or online — and how you helped them overcome a health issue, provided support, or just listened.
· Tell us about a major challenge that you overcame in your own life and what you learned from the experience.
· Describe an experience where you were totally overwhelmed by the amount of work on your plate. What was the situation? What did you do? How did it turn out?
· Tell us about a time you were given more work than you could accomplish by the deadlines you were given. What was the situation? How did you approach it? How did it turn out?
· What’s the number one thing that motivates you in life?
· Why do you want to be a part of our team?
· Why would you be absolutely perfect for this role?
4. A Writing Example:
· As our assistant, you will be the first point of contact with new patients. We receive a large number of inquiries over email and phone. So we'd like a 1-2 paragraph example of your writing style to see how you engage in an emotional and professional way. We are looking to see your communication skills, creativity, writing style, and critical thinking skills. Don't worry about the specific details that you do not know, just give us a 1-2 paragraph example of how you would respond to one of the following:
A. Review the new patient inquiry example
https://goodbyelyme.com/new-patient-inquiry-example/— Write up a 1-2 paragraph reply as how you would to answer these questions.
B. Or, write 1-2 paragraphs on an herb or natural treatment that could be used for engaging potential patients with Lyme disease in our Facebook Community — How would you start that conversation? Check out our blog for inspiration: https://goodbyelyme.com/blog/
C. Or, share with us a peer reviewed research citation about your favorite herb or remedy and write short paragraph on how it may help someone with Lyme disease.
5. Email your completed application (with all the pieces described above) to Greg@GoodbyeLyme.com with the subject line “I’m your Herbal and Patient Coordinator Superstar!”