Are you obsessed with natural medicine?
Do you feel a excited when you share your personal healing experiences and people around you feel inspired and more hopeful about getting better?
Are hungry to learn about and help to make advanced herbal or essential oil remedies?
Do you have a caring vibe that has complete strangers coming up and sharing their health challenges with you?
How would you like to work in a highly advanced research center where you are supporting chronic illness patients through making microparticle remedies and you get to spend part of your day supporting cutting edge medical discoveries?
If you have a "do what it takes to get it done" attitude and answered ... Awesome! to the above questions… we have a mission for you!
Your mission — should you choose to accept it — is to join a fast-paced, constantly evolving healing center and natural medicine training organization that is developing supercharged remedies to help chronically ill patients!
As our part-time Herbal Associate and Patient Coordinator, you’ll work with the lead medical provider in creating customized herbal and essential oil microparticle remedies. Must have a passion for herbal medicine and creating natural remedies, which is required for this position.
We expect totally awesome customer care and communication skills, along with the ability to guide patients through their questions about natural remedies and supplements. You’ll be answering questions over the phone and email from people seeking help for their most difficult health issues. Tick borne illness knowledge is not required, but it’s a plus.
You’ll spend part of your day providing valuable support to the lead medical provider who is helping chronically ill patients to get better. Another part of your day may be spent assisting in the creation of highly targeted natural remedies for helping patients in the clinic.
You will get our patients and prospective clients excited about our work and our cutting edge remedies!
As our Herbal Associate and Patient Coordinator, you’ll also assess the needs and desires of our patients and new people who are inquiring about our services. You’ll then be able to provide thoughtful and thorough answers, guidance, and support in a time-efficient manner. You’ll learn a ton from our expert medical staff and get the fulfillment of knowing you made a significant impact on the lives of chronically ill patients every day.
You’ll also provide answers to inquiries and comments on our social media channels that resonates with our mission, provides real value, and gives real hope to people. REQUIRED: You’ll need to have great attention to details of symptoms of different infections, patient's remedies and be willing to learn about possible reactions.
As you understand the biggest concerns of new patients, you'll be able to address their questions and determine if they are a good fit for our services. You’ll be able to track what worked best and what didn’t. You get to make suggested improvements or report any issues to the leadership team.
You love engaging with people which helps you provide excellent customer service, feel fulfilled in supporting your colleagues at a medical research center, and understanding and meeting the needs of patients and staff members. A passion for natural medicine, working with medical providers, and a passion for helping chronically ill patients is a huge plus.
If you are self-starter who loves precise communication, coaching and helping patients, people at events, people on social media with written posts, images, videos and you want to make a meaningful impact on the lives of medical experts and their chronic patients on a day-to-day basis, then we want to hear from you!
The ideal candidate has at least three years of college in the field of Natural Medicine, Herbal Studies, Chinese Medicine, or similar field. Or 1-2 years of hands-on experience working with formulation of remedies in a natural medicine center and will possess the following skills:
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- A working knowledge of herbs, essential oils, supplements and their healing properties
- Ability to multi-task and juggle priorities to meet patient and staff requests and quickly produce natural remedies on-time and according to formula directions
- Provide setup and breakdown of patient rooms between appointments
- Monitor inventory of herbs, essential oils, medical and office supplies. Communicate to staff items that are low or out-of-stock and need reordering
- Accept and process financial transactions with patients, training students, and at community events
- Familiarity with Google Suite tools, and hands-on experience with social media across Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, Vimeo and YouTube
- Savvy, resourcefulness and the ability to “figure things out”
- Strong work ethic and standards. Details matter to you. Results matter to you.
- Available to work during “normal business hours” from approximately 12pm to 6pm Eastern time.
- Maintain HIPAA medical privacy and data security.
- Perform quality work within deadlines with or without direct supervision.
- Interact professionally with other employees, customers and suppliers.
- Work effectively as a team contributor on all assignments.
- Work independently while understanding the necessity for communicating and coordinating work efforts with other employees and organizations
This is a part-time role (minimum of 20 hours/week) requiring a commitment with availability Monday to Friday approximately 12pm – 6pm in our Frederick, Maryland office.
This role has some flexibility, but we want someone who is available to meet face-to-face on a daily basis to support our research and patients in our healing clinic in Frederick, Maryland. Work on evenings and some weekends will be required from time to time in order to meet deadlines, particularly around patient orders, online trainings and live events.